Saturday, January 17, 2009

To set the ball rolling

Hi, my name is Alex.
When my grandfather died in 2004 I acquired his 1915 Ford model T touring car.He used to drive it through town a lot, but when the wheels started to go bad (being made out of wood was a problem) we stopped driving it. It has been over a year since it was last on the road. Due to not being properly cared for much of the interior has significantly decayed. the actual mechanical bits to it are not in to bad a condition... most of them just need to be cleaned up, or to have new gaskets put in them, but the engine is toasted and needs to be re-built.
So at this point all that my friend Mike and I have done is re-build the carburetor, dust the car off and take most of the brass whatsits off.
Yesterday a new engine stand came in the mail so we are getting ready to pull the engine off some time in the near future. Hopefully we will kick progress into high gear.
For the people that want a look... or who have no idea what a model T is I took some photos this morning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment